Monday, June 22, 2009

New Design: Wild Strawberry Earrings

I found a really pretty design in an origami book for a strawberry water-bomb which I shrunk down and incorporated in a new pair of earrings! These were incredibly time-consuming and normally require a special kind of double-sided paper (though you can colour the leaves green after inflating the strawberry base like I did). I was really pleased with the result.


I added a second fringe of four leaves to cover the hole in the top of the strawberry. The water-bomb has four leaves that fold out of it and a hole in the top for inflating and filling with water. The second fringe when laquered helped anchor the earring wire in place.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, your earrings are absolutely lovely, and so painstakingly made. You are so very gifted and we all wish you very well!

    Love Marian et al

    ReplyDelete